Help! Correct DNS server for Easynet ADSL?
Marc Palmer
2004-09-20 10:01:51 UTC

Can someone give me the correct Easynet DNS servers my boxes should be
using?

I'm seeing some funnies and want to be sure I'm using the right servers
first.

Cheers
repo
2004-09-20 10:44:21 UTC
Post by Marc Palmer
Hi,
Can someone give me the correct Easynet DNS servers my boxes should be
using?
I'm seeing some funnies and want to be sure I'm using the right servers
first.
Cheers
195.40.1.250
195.40.0.250
--
Chaos, panic & disorder - my work here is done

http://beginnerslinux.org
http://repo.mine.nu
Marc Palmer
2004-09-20 11:32:44 UTC
Post by repo
Post by Marc Palmer
Hi,
Can someone give me the correct Easynet DNS servers my boxes should be
using?
I'm seeing some funnies and want to be sure I'm using the right servers
first.
Cheers
195.40.1.250
195.40.0.250
Thanks mate :)

Isn't there somewhere on Easynet's website with this info on? I couldn't
find it...

Cheers
repo
2004-09-20 11:43:37 UTC
Post by Marc Palmer
Post by repo
195.40.1.250
195.40.0.250
Thanks mate :)
Isn't there somewhere on Easynet's website with this info on? I couldn't
find it...
Cheers
just do a nslookup for your IP

[***@cannabis ~]$ nslookup 212.135.236.36
Server: 10.0.0.2
Address: 10.0.0.2#53
Non-authoritative answer:
36.236.135.212.in-addr.arpa name = dsl-212-135-236-36.dsl.easynet.co.uk.
236.135.212.in-addr.arpa nameserver = ns0.easynet.co.uk.
236.135.212.in-addr.arpa nameserver = ns1.easynet.co.uk.
ns0.easynet.co.uk internet address = 195.40.1.250
ns1.easynet.co.uk internet address = 195.40.0.250
[***@cannabis ~]$

Regards

http://repo.mine.nu
Anthony Edwards
2004-09-20 12:59:11 UTC
Post by Marc Palmer
Post by repo
Post by Marc Palmer
Hi,
Can someone give me the correct Easynet DNS servers my boxes should be
using?
I'm seeing some funnies and want to be sure I'm using the right servers
first.
Cheers
195.40.1.250
195.40.0.250
Thanks mate :)
Isn't there somewhere on Easynet's website with this info on? I couldn't
find it...
Indeed.

http://www.uk.easynet.net/support/support_howto_adsl_nonat.asp

Select your computer operating system in the "Configure workstation(s)"
section (DNS resolver selection is operating system independent though,
of course):

Use the following DNS server addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 212.135.1.36
Alternate DNS server: 195.40.1.36

The information provided earlier in this thread is incorrect,
unfortunately. 195.40.1.250 & 195.40.0.250 are Internet name servers
on which easynet customer domains are hosted, and are not intended
for use as customer facing caching resolvers.
--
Anthony Edwards
easynet Ltd - Manchester