BBCi Broadband
Barry Dorrans
2003-09-08 08:39:16 UTC
Strange, despite the error page saying that Easynet is one of the ISPs
which the BBC allows, I can't get to any of the BBCi content. Just me,
just dsl. as opposed to dsl1 or what?
Andrew Norman
2003-09-08 21:31:32 UTC
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:39:16 +0100, "Barry Dorrans"
Post by Barry Dorrans
Strange, despite the error page saying that Easynet is one of the ISPs
which the BBC allows, I can't get to any of the BBCi content. Just me,
just dsl. as opposed to dsl1 or what?
I have the same problem on dsl.

I was surprised to find that Easynet was on the list at all. Last time
it was discussed here the outcome was that Easynet was not one of the
ISPs that the BBC had signed a deal with.
--
Andy Norman ***@norman.cx
http://www.norman.cx/
Barry Dorrans
2003-09-09 08:05:12 UTC
Post by Andrew Norman
I was surprised to find that Easynet was on the list at all. Last time
it was discussed here the outcome was that Easynet was not one of the
ISPs that the BBC had signed a deal with.
Strange. It's not like the BBC could charge for it, surely all Easynet
have to do is hand over the ip ranges of their DSL customers
Andrew Norman
2003-09-10 11:26:36 UTC
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:05:12 +0100, "Barry Dorrans"
Post by Barry Dorrans
Post by Andrew Norman
I was surprised to find that Easynet was on the list at all. Last time
it was discussed here the outcome was that Easynet was not one of the
ISPs that the BBC had signed a deal with.
Strange. It's not like the BBC could charge for it, surely all Easynet
have to do is hand over the ip ranges of their DSL customers
Some ISPs have problems with the contract that the BBC require them to
sign (the ISP has to guarantee that the user is in the UK and accept
joint responsibility if some content provider sues the BBC). Others
have the problem that they serve UK and non-UK users from the same IP
address pool.

I have filled in the BBC feedback form to tell them it is broken from
Easynet. We'll see what happens.
--
Andy Norman ***@norman.cx
http://www.norman.cx/
Martin Saunders
2003-09-16 13:59:29 UTC
Post by Barry Dorrans
Post by Andrew Norman
I was surprised to find that Easynet was on the list at all. Last time
it was discussed here the outcome was that Easynet was not one of the
ISPs that the BBC had signed a deal with.
Strange. It's not like the BBC could charge for it, surely all Easynet
have to do is hand over the ip ranges of their DSL customers
Some ISPs have problems with the contract that the BBC require them to
sign (the ISP has to guarantee that the user is in the UK and accept
joint responsibility if some content provider sues the BBC). Others
have the problem that they serve UK and non-UK users from the same IP
address pool.
I have filled in the BBC feedback form to tell them it is broken from
Easynet. We'll see what happens.
Hi guys..

As Andrew has hinted we are just finalising contracts, so I hope we have
something to offer very soon (and most likely linked from our UK Online
residential brand http://www.ukonline.co.uk)

Cheers

Martin
---------------

Martin Saunders Easynet Ltd.

Head of Products - Product manager easynet Business Broadband

Tel: (+44) (0)20 7032 4444 E-mail: ***@uk.easynet.net

------ SureStream - 2Mb leased line 99.9% SLA 1:1 £5795pa -------
Barry Dorrans
2003-09-16 14:51:04 UTC
Post by Martin Saunders
As Andrew has hinted we are just finalising contracts, so I hope we
have something to offer very soon (and most likely linked from our UK
Online residential brand http://www.ukonline.co.uk)
Hmm, does this mean you'll be offerering residential broadband soon
then?

(While you're here, I emailed you a littany of woe a couple of weeks
ago, but hear nothing back. Did it arrive?)
Anthony Edwards
2003-09-16 16:40:23 UTC
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:51:04 +0100, Barry Dorrans
Post by Barry Dorrans
Hmm, does this mean you'll be offerering residential broadband soon
then?
We have been doing so for some time, please see:

http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/
--
Anthony Edwards
easynet Ltd - Manchester
***@uk.easynet.net
Barry Dorrans
Learn something new every day :)
James Gardiner
2003-09-30 18:03:41 UTC
Post by Martin Saunders
As Andrew has hinted we are just finalising contracts, so I hope we
have something to offer very soon (and most likely linked from our UK
Online residential brand http://www.ukonline.co.uk)
Any news on this?

James
Barry Dorrans
2003-10-21 15:30:04 UTC
Post by James Gardiner
Post by Martin Saunders
As Andrew has hinted we are just finalising contracts, so I hope we
have something to offer very soon (and most likely linked from our UK
Online residential brand http://www.ukonline.co.uk)
Any news on this?
Just tried it now, nada.

Hmm, if it's linked to the residential brand, will those on "office" DSL
get access too?
James Gardiner
2003-10-22 14:05:30 UTC
On Tuesday, October 21, 2003 4:30 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Post by Barry Dorrans
Just tried it now, nada.
and if you email support, they point you to this thread for information.
Post by Barry Dorrans
Hmm, if it's linked to the residential brand, will those on "office"
DSL get access too?
Hope so otherwise us EasyNet DSL users will miss out on BB England.

James
James Gardiner
2003-11-16 12:56:24 UTC
Post by Martin Saunders
Hi guys..
As Andrew has hinted we are just finalising contracts, so I hope we
have something to offer very soon (and most likely linked from our UK
Online residential brand http://www.ukonline.co.uk)
Hello

Any news on on BBC Broadband access for business ADSL users?

James
Martin Saunders
2003-12-11 22:35:55 UTC
Post by James Gardiner
Post by Martin Saunders
Hi guys..
As Andrew has hinted we are just finalising contracts, so I hope we
have something to offer very soon (and most likely linked from our UK
Online residential brand http://www.ukonline.co.uk)
Hello
Any news on on BBC Broadband access for business ADSL users?
James
Try now James, you should find you have access!

Cheers

Martin
--
----
--------- Can your ISP offer SDSL, 8mb ADSL and an SLG? ---------
James Gardiner
2003-12-25 12:03:32 UTC
Post by Martin Saunders
Post by James Gardiner
Any news on on BBC Broadband access for business ADSL users?
James
Try now James, you should find you have access!
Wonderful -- thanks

James