form problem
The Office Girl
2004-08-05 11:35:08 UTC
hi
can anyone see what is going wrong with this form? I have two required
fields "contname" and "email" and an error.htm page to bounce to should they
not be filled in. For some (probably obvious) reason if you do not fill in
the required fields you the error page does not display and the form still
processes generating the 'done' page and emails the results.
www.commonvalue.co.uk/contact2.htm

I have looked on mats script archive and as far as I can see I have the
correct syntax. I need a fresh pair of eyes-can anyone help?

cheers
Chris Thompson
2004-08-06 11:43:37 UTC
Post by The Office Girl
hi
can anyone see what is going wrong with this form? I have two required
fields "contname" and "email" and an error.htm page to bounce to should they
not be filled in. For some (probably obvious) reason if you do not fill in
the required fields you the error page does not display and the form still
processes generating the 'done' page and emails the results.
www.commonvalue.co.uk/contact2.htm
The syntax I use for the "required" fields is:
<input type="hidden" name="required" value="email">

You currently have
<input type=hidden name="required_fields" value="contname,email">

Hope this works for you.

Chris Thompson,
East of England Binoculars
http://www.eebc.co.uk