Easynet News Servers no down in it's fifth day......
Paul Duffy
2004-04-12 15:20:23 UTC
The Easynet News Servers stopped getting any new posting at approx
9:30pm on Thursday 8th and I reported it on Friday 9th at approx 4:30pm
(No one had noticed it till then)....after three follow up calls to find
out the status the servers are still down as of now and looking certain
to be down until Tuesday 13th at the earliest. Pretty poor customer
service, what happened to the on call engineer? Why wasn't it
escalated? I'd like to know.

Paul
ChrisH
2004-04-14 09:09:52 UTC
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:20:23 +0100, Paul Duffy <paul at scim dot co
Post by Paul Duffy
The Easynet News Servers stopped getting any new posting at approx
9:30pm on Thursday 8th and I reported it on Friday 9th at approx 4:30pm
(No one had noticed it till then)....after three follow up calls to find
out the status the servers are still down as of now and looking certain
to be down until Tuesday 13th at the earliest. Pretty poor customer
service, what happened to the on call engineer? Why wasn't it
escalated? I'd like to know.
Paul
Probably because Rob saw the light and sought pastures new. We'll miss
him but I can't say I blame him. It will be interesting to see what
Easynet do next. The poor news service has been a farce which has
damaged Easynet's reputation as a premium provider. Perhaps their best
option is to rent a feed from one of the big news providers. To
continue with the service without significant improvement is not an
option.

ChrisH
Paul Duffy
2004-04-14 13:28:40 UTC
Post by Paul Duffy
[...]
Has Rob Gone?

When? and where to?

Pascal Angerand
2004-04-14 20:23:28 UTC
Post by Paul Duffy
Has Rob Gone?
Yes
Post by Paul Duffy
When? and where to?
look at easynet.news.support group

Pascal
Rob Partington
2004-04-19 13:59:00 UTC
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:09:52 +0100,
Post by ChrisH
Perhaps their best
option is to rent a feed from one of the big news providers.
Actually, that would be significantly more expensive than hiring someone
just to look after news full time.
Far Canal