Remote Mail Server
Casey
2003-10-20 22:02:49 UTC
What are the settings to use the remote mail server to send mail, when not
dialling up / accessing the internet using yoiur Easynet account? I used to
know them, but I can find no record! Thanks in advance.
Anthony Edwards
2003-10-20 22:15:07 UTC
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:02:49 +0100, Casey
Post by Casey
What are the settings to use the remote mail server to send mail, when not
dialling up / accessing the internet using yoiur Easynet account? I used to
know them, but I can find no record! Thanks in advance.
Connect to the POP3 server first and authenticate, then use
roam.easynet.co.uk. There is a short window of opportunity (fifteen
minutes or so) after POP3 authentication when roam.easynet.co.uk
will allow the IP address which POP'ed to use roam.easynet.co.uk as
an outgoing SMTP smarthost. This will not work, for obvious reasons,
when one connects to the Internet via an ISP who transparently hijack
outgoing TCP port 25 traffic and force it through their own smarthost
machines; Freeserve, for instance.
--
Anthony Edwards
easynet Ltd - Manchester